Why We Need your Help
State aid for our foundation is non-existent or sporadic at best. As such we mainly depend on the kind donations from individuals back at home. In our 19 years of operation our support has come mainly from our Irish and British supporters. Thank you, without your support, our homes simply could not survive. However this isn´t enough we desperately need more support to keep our Homes in operation.
Our running costs are currently AR$255,000 (circa £36,000 or €45,000) per month. This goes towards the salaries of our full time staff, medicines (medicines are extremely expensive and sometimes difficult to procure), nappies, meals, electricity, gas, transportation and maintenance costs.
Unfortunately, due to the steep inflation in Argentina, this annual figure has been increasing dramatically year on year. We have been on the threshold of having to close our Homes due to lack of funding in the past. Having financial security would get us out of this precarious situation and ensure we can keep up the quality of our work here.
Your donation can make the world of difference.
We urgently need a hand up, not a hand out:
We want to be able to help ourselves and our aim is to be self-sufficient in the future. See our Biblical Garden Development Project for how we are on our way to achieving this goal. In the meantime however each month we struggle to make ends meet and this is where your kind support comes in.
“Nobody has ever become poor by giving” – Ann Frank
Ways to Give:
- Donate Now and give us what you can spare per month. Even just £10 a month will go a long way for us.
- Please Twitter about us or put it on your Facebook status and Like our page
- Volunteer in our homes or pass this on to friends you think would be interested
- Do you have any skills/resources you could donate?
- Do you work in the media? We need any help with getting more publicity
- Fundraise for us in aid of St Teresa Homes
We are always happy to collaborate in new way with our Friends of the Homes, contact us directly with your ideas or leave your comments here!